Have you been agonizing over what to be for Halloween this year? Do you grill your friends for ideas on what to dress up as?
As one of the year’s most anticipated holidays quickly approaches, the pressure to have a great costume is mounting. While some people like to plan their costumes months in advance, others tend to throw something together a few hours before they leave the house. Below are some ideas varying in price, difficulty of execution, and time it takes to plan and assemble.
- Snapchat Filter: If you are looking for an easy, last minute costume idea, this one is for you! Your outfit can be almost anything, depending on which filter you choose to impersonate. You can purchase inexpensive accessories like a flower crown or dog ears. Finally, apply makeup according to your filter and you are ready to go! This costume can be done alone or with a group of friends for a bigger effect.
- Danny and Sandy: Are you going out this year as part of a couple’s costume? Danny and Sandy from Grease are an easily recognizable, classic, tried and true costume. You just need an all-black outfit for the one dressing as Danny and a black bodysuit and black, faux leather leggings for Sandy. Add some red heels, hairspray, and you will be the best couple on the dancefloor.
- Pennywise the Clown: If your goal for Halloween is to be scary, you can’t go wrong dressing as Pennywise the Clown from the newly released horror movie This costume won’t require too much work. Face paint is a must, as is a great wig. If you want to go all out, many costume stores are selling the full ensemble this year.
- Belle: If you are looking to glam it up, you could dress as Belle from the new release of Beauty and the Beast. All you need is a yellow gown and a tiara. If you are looking to save money, you could thrift shop for a yellow dress. If you can’t find one, there are numerous Halloween stores selling Belle costumes.
- Inflatable T-Rex: For whatever reason, dressing up as an inflatable t-rex and doing various activities a t-rex normally doesn’t do is very trendy right now. If you are about trends and want to hop on the bandwagon, you can purchase an inflatable t-rex costume from a variety of websites including Amazon.com.
If none of these ideas are for you, there is a wide variety of other costume ideas on websites such as Pinterest.com. If you love one of these ideas and are looking to purchase a costume, check out Spotlight Costumes LLC in Pittsburgh for a wide variety of costumes to both rent and purchase.
We are eager to see the great costumes you come up with! If you dress up and want to share your creative costume, post it to our Facebook page with the hashtag #NPHalloween.