After a long week spent in the office checking emails, completing tasks, and reporting to your boss, it is important to take care of yourself on the weekends and relax. What better way to destress from a work week than with friends and a glass (or a few) of wine? Whether it’s a Friday night out with coworkers, or a date night with your significant other, Pittsburgh has some ideal spots with fantastic wine for you.
- Casellula @ Alphabet City—a cheese and wine café located right here in the North Side serving wine by the glass or bottle, delicious cheese plates and exquisite entrees. They even hold classes on pairing wines and cheese. Take advantage of making a reservation so you won’t have to wait!
- Senti—a restaurant & wine bar serving wine from an automated wine-dispenser! The dispenser carries fine Italian wines and provides measured pours. Just purchase a prepaid card at the beginning of your experience and help yourself!
- Cioppino—a restaurant & cigar bar with a delicious seafood menu, over 450 different wines, and over 50 cigar options creates this the perfect spot for a Friday night. Better yet, Fridays from 5-7pm House wines are on special for only $5.00 per glass.
- Allegheny Wine Mixer—a wine bar & tap room providing an affordable wine list that focuses on a different region for each season of the year. Get there early because the intimate setting of this bar provides limited seating!
- Andy’s Wine Bar—a bar mixed with the art of Andy Warhol, makes this a unique spot to grab affordable wine from their exceptional wine list. Order yourself a glass and enjoy live Jazz music on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night.
- Morcilla—a restaurant featuring Spanish inspired cuisine with a hefty wine list. Enjoy pintxos, (similar to tapas) paired with delicious wines. Take advantage of the option to have select wines in 2oz pours so you can sample until you find your favorite!
- Casbah—a Mediterranean kitchen & wine bar featuring an extensive list of wines by the bottle or glass. Pair your wine with the cheese tasting option on the menu for a delicious appetizer. Can’t decide on a wine? No problem, they serve wine flights!
- Bar Marco—serves up natural, organically farmed wines by the glass or bottle. Though their food menus are not lengthy, they are sure to have something that will blow you away as well as pair well with your wine.
- Il Tetto—a rooftop beer garden with an amazing view of the city is the perfect place to unwind. This is a go-to when you need a glass of wine and your friends need a beer. With a draft list of 36 beers and fine wine list everyone will be satisfied.
Have time to make a day of it? Pittsburgh has two close wineries for you to spend the entire afternoon and evening wining and dining.
- Pittsburgh Winery—taste wines made locally or purchase entire bottles in the tasting room or wine cellar. With wine tastings at an affordable cost of $10 a person or the option for complimentary tastings if you purchase a bottle this is a must see for the wine lover. Check out the onsite production while you are there!
- Narcisi Winery—while this winery is a 10-mile drive from the city it is well worth it. Sit amongst the grape vines on their beautiful patio that will transport you to a Tuscan countryside. Head inside to the tasting room to try 2 complimentary wine samples. Stay for dinner (and a bottle) because this winery is a full-service restaurant.
While we recommend these destinations for your wine needs, there are plenty of places around Pittsburgh to relax and enjoy that glass of wine. Finish your week off strong and then spend time this weekend wine and dining yourself, you deserve it. Share your favorite wine spots with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!